Monday, September 17, 2012

Things you need to know about your makeup (Parabens)

Most of us girls love our makeup,myself included I find myself a collector of makeup,and about a month or so ago I was reading an article and found out what a "paraben" is. Now there are studies that show this preservative is linked to breast cancer,and some studies show it's not that harmful, but I wouldn't take a chance with my body and I hope you wouldn't either. Parabens are a chemical that is used for preserving,it's used in majority of makeup,lotions,soaps,and even food. Parabens are also known as Parahydroxybenzoic acid, Butylparaben, and most likely any big word with "para" in it or "paraben".
Now,research shows that Parabens can mimic the hormone estrogen, which is known to play a role in the development of breast cancers. Also plays a part in fertility issues,men might not wear makeup (or they might) Or they might even be using lotions or soaps with parabens known to mess with fertility, it adversely affects the secretion of testosterone and the function of the male reproductive system. I have no idea why companies would put this in there products while knowing all of this,I didn't even know about this for years,using their products with no thought they would use such a horrid ingredient.So please be sure you read what you're buying,read ingredients carefully. I myself seeing my mother go through cancer would never buy a products linked to it. I will be purchasing all new makeup,and slowly throwing out my old.

No comments:

Post a Comment